It's an exciting day over here at Elisabeth Ashlie HQ! I've been a one-woman show for just about 2 years (after my business partner/sister handed the biz over to me in 2013) and am finally ready to bring on an extra set of hands to work alongside me. If you're new around here, Elisabeth Ashlie is a handmade and curated jewelry + goods business. I sell exclusively handmade items on Etsy, and a collection of handmade and curated things here on ElisabethAshlie.com. I work from my apartment in Chicago, although the Starbucks down the street is basically my office, as well :)
Interested? Great! Keep reading!
I have a list about a mile long of things that I would love to hand over to an assistant, but in an effort to be less overwhelming, here are a few of the main responsibilities you will have:
- fulfilling/shipping orders
- maintaining inventory
- reaching out to bloggers/social influencers for brand promotions and connections
- managing social media accounts (mostly Instagram, but we also have Twitter and Facebook)
- and much more!
Of course, you will be fully trained and equipped to do all of these things (and more!). You'll be working right alongside me in my home office, so I'm hoping for it to be a collaborative environment. Creativity and a willingness to share ideas is key!
If you have experience with Photoshop/PSD photo editing and/or operating and shooting with a DSLR camera, that's a plus! Experience in retail, marketing, branding, or social promotion is preferred, but not required. The only thing that is required is a willingness to learn and a solid work ethic. And not being allergic to cats - I have two!
- Where: we will be working out of my apartment in Chicago (so you'll need to be able to travel to/from there)
- When: starting out at 10-15 hours per week (2-3 days) || hoping to start in September!
- How much: you will be compensated!
If you'd like to apply, please send a résumé (with relevant experience), links to social media profiles, and a little bit about yourself and why you'd be a great fit to email@example.com with subject line "EA Assistant".
If I think you'll be a good fit, we'll set up a time to meet!